usse mit verschlossener …” src=”http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/17/Krokusse_violett.jpg/300px-Krokusse_violett.jpg” alt=”Deutsch: violette Krokusse mit verschlossener …” width=”300″ height=”200″ />
It”s been feeling a little like spring here…I know we are not there yet, but a nice
thought considering it is the first week in Feb
🙂 This week”s theme seems to be fundraising.
1. 9 Ways Board Members Can Raise Money Without Fundraising from Social Velocity, By Nell Edgington
The good news is that there are lots of other things board members can do to bring money in the door. And remember, if you are financing not fundraising your organization, your definition of “bringing money in the door” should be very broad.
Here are 9 things you could ask your fundraising-shy board members to do
2. 5 Ways Your Brand Can Destroy Your Fundraising Results from Fundraising Fundamentals by AndrewOlsenCFRE
I’ve been talking about nonprofit branding a lot lately with organizations all over the country. Seems brand strategy is top of mind once again for organizations trying to raise their community profile and generate more money for their causes.
There’s only one problem. Brands and fundraising don’t always mix. In fact, often when a nonprofit makes changes to their brand strategy, it ends up killing their fundraising results.
Don’t let this happen to your organization. Watch out for these five ways branding can kill your fundraising results.
3. 5 Tips for Successful Nonprofit Fundraising in 2012 from Marital Solutions
…there are steps nonprofits can take – regardless of size and scope – that will optimize their engagement and contribution opportunities in 2012 while remaining true to their cause and keeping their mission at the forefront. I have compiled the following 5 tips through my ongoing research of the latest studies, reports, podcasts and webinars relating to nonprofit and (to a lesser degree) for-profit business and marketing strategies that are worth considering.
4. Nonprofit Governance: What Are Your Three Duties? from scHammond, by Susan Hammond:
True of all nonprofit boards our legal responsibilities can be defined as:
- Duty of Care
- Duty of Loyalty
- Duty of Obedience
5. Just in case you haven”t heard: Pinterest Becomes Top Traffic Driver for Retailers [INFOGRAPHIC] from Mashable
The site’s popularity is quickly
growing. Pinterest’s traffic increased more than fourfold between September 2011 and December 2011, bringing in 7.51 million unique visitors in December alone, data from Compete indicates. The amount of traffic Pinterest sent elsewhere has risen accordingly, becoming a top five referrer for several apparel retailers, according to internal data from Monetate, which provided the infographic below.
- Around the Web Jan 27 (thenon-profittoolbox.com)
- Around the Web Jan 21 for NPO”s (thenon-profittoolbox.com)