Christmas is just around the corner, I am happy to spend some time with my family, my daughter is home for a few days, and we have chosen to go to the Museum of Science today to see the Pompeii exhibit, as a family…just like we use to when they were young(er).
1. Facebook Timeline Covers To Spread Your Organization’s Brand? A good idea or not? from Beth”s Blog
Last week, Facebook rolled out the Facebook Timeline to all users. While the timeline has the potential to embarrass some users who might have inappropriate photos buried along their timeline, the cover image might be an opportunity for nonprofits to engage their champions to help spread the word about the organization.
2. Latest Survey Says People Plan to Donate More to Charity this Holiday Season by Allyson Kapin, Frogloop
Will nonprofits raise more money than last year during their year-end fundraising campaigns? According to a national poll conducted by the American Red Cross, seven out of 10 Americans plan to donate more money to charity this year even in this economic downturn for a
third straight holiday season.
3. 17 Ways to Resuscitate a Fading Facebook Page from John Haydon:
If your Facebook Page no longer has the growth and activity it did when you first launched the Page, you’re not alone. Many nonprofits have experienced the similar flatlining due to shifting priorities, turnover, or ineffective strategies.
The good news is that you can start fresh, with a few proven strategies meant to resuscitate your Page:
4. HOW TO: Make the Most of December 31 by socialbutterfly on Inspiring Generosity
According to Network for Good, . Are you ready for the great year-end push? Grab some last minute tips on social fundraising efforts and arm yourself with these three base necessities for a successful year-end giving:
5. Americans Are Most Generous, Global Poll Finds from Chronicles of Philanthropy
Americans give more to help others than the residents of 152 other countries, according to anew global survey. That’s a
big change from last year, when the United States ranked No. 5.
The poll, conducted last year with about 1,000 residents in each of 153 countries, asked people whether
they had donated money to a charity, volunteered their time, or helped a stranger in the previous month.
- Around the Web Dec 16th for NPO”s (thenon-profittoolbox.com)
- Around the Web Dce 9 for NPO”s (thenon-profittoolbox.com)