rees and christmas lights” src=”http://farm8.static.flickr.com/7023/6501524381_73177df0c4_m.jpg” alt=”palm trees and christmas lights” width=”240″ height=”180″ />
Hardly seems like December in New England, we have had days in the 50″s, and just a few hints of winter, more like the Christmases in LA…thinking it will NOT be a “white Christmas here in the Boston area 🙁
1. Nonprofit Governance: Why It Matters to Attend Board Meetings from Susan Hammond, scHammond:
Many board members give little thought to what happens if they don’t attend a board meeting. Here are six implications to consider, some more weighty than others:
2. 2 easy ways to get free PR in 2012 from Marc Pitman, The Fundraising Coach:
No matter how big your marketing budget is, chances are great that you could use more exposure. More postitive exposure!
I know for nonprofits, it’s much easier to fundraise when the organization
is getting positive press. And it’s great for donors to see people from your organization included among the experts quoted in an article. It reassures them that they made a great investment when they gave a gift to you.
3. How to bootstrap your organization without sacrificing results: Tips and tricks for making the most of the funds you’ve got
from Socialbrite: Guest post by Emily Dubner Founder & CEO, Baking for Good:
Whether you are a for-profit or nonprofit business, you will always be dependent on cash flow to grow your business, but just because you don’t always have the funds you want doesn’t mean you need to scale back everywhere.
Here are my top tips and tricks for bootstrapping your business or nonprofit without sacrificing results.
4. Coming soon on Twitter: Enhanced brand profiles for nonprofits from Socialbrite, John Haydon:
Twitter just announced that they will offer enhanced profile pages to “increase your brand’s Twitter presence by prominently featuring your most important content and visually branding your page.”
Like Facebook Pages and Google Plus Business Profiles, Twitter Brand Pages profiles
5. And just to be in the Holiday Spirit: Get Some Face Time Over the Holidays from Inspiring Generosity by socialbutterfly:
Giving can be impersonal. You write a check. You drop items off. You put some cash into the collection. And you walk away. This year, challenge yourself to go a step beyond what you’re used to doing. Challenge yourself to get uncomfortable by getting
Investing in face time not only helps boost your mental health, but it puts you in someone else’s shoes and life experience. Though volunteering efforts are on the rise in some age groups, go beyond your average volunteer opportunity.
- Around the Web Dce 9 for NPO”s (thenon-profittoolbox.com)
- Around the Web Dec 2 for NPO”s (thenon-profittoolbox.com)