=”300″ height=”79″ />
WordPress started out as a blogging platform, but it is much, much more that that now.
As John Haydon says: “WordPress – The most popular blogging platform in the solar system. Offers a free and a self-hosted version. Content creation consists of Pages and Posts. Very easy to use for the novice.”
and all the sites we build are wordpress sites because they help clients to save money, take control over their own sites (add/edit/remove content), we can incorporate advanced functionality (e-commerce, mapping, videos, sliders, photogalleries etc.) and get better search results. It is a powerful CMS (content management system) that is not too hard to learn, and your blog and website will all be in one place.
Here are some of our top reasons for using WordPress:
1. Easy to install: many webhosting companies have a one-click installation.
2. Easy to customize, between all the themes available, and plug-ins for just about anything, it makes it easy to modify WordPress, and make the site uniquely yours.
3. SEO: Google likes WordPress sites, Google’s own Matt Cutts says WordPress is “made to do SEO well” in this video: Matt Cutts gives tips to small business owners.
4. Easy to update content, you, the end
user doesn”t need to know any html to update your site.
5. The community: the WordPress community is great, if I don”t know something, or some part of the site is not working correctly, there is a vast community out there that will help. That includes the plug-ins and themes.
And sure, you can have a WordPress site for free at WordPress.com and that”s great for some.
What are some of your thoughts or questions?