com/110/288083833_cfba67427c_m.jpg” alt=”Fall Leaves” width=”240″ height=”180″ />
Fall is creeping in,
today in New England is a bright crisp day! We are about to announce the schedule for Tech Day Camp, and we have a whole series for NPO directors, staff and volunteers!! Hope you can make it Saturday, Oct 22! Now on to the picks for the week.
1. From our favorite advisor, Susan Hammond: Advisory Boards Can Improve Fiduciary Boards
Many problems in governance start with uneducated people getting onto a board, corporate or nonprofit. They are asked by a trusted colleague because they are successful in business or some other endeavor. That success in turn is seen as preparing you to serve on a board. Wrong!
One of the easiest ways to get familiar with board service is serving on an advisory board.
2. Are you on Facebook? Christine Pilch, one of our fantastic speakers at Tech Day Camp: Facebook compromised your privacy this week, and you probably didn”t even notice it Thanks for watching out for us Christine!!
In the way of a great illusionist, this week Facebook got so many users worked up about the loss of easy access to recent posts that they were able to slide in much more significant changes that altered the privacy control that every Facebook user had over his own information.
3. More about changes on Facebook and Pages from Beth Kanter about: Facebook Changes for Organization Pages: Focus On Results
The discussion about the recent changes on Facebook has focused mostly around what it means for individuals, particularly the tension between openness and privacy. Many people are wondering what it means for nonprofit brands using Facebook as one of their marketing channels. So are people like me who do coaching and training on how to use Facebook effectively. It makes no sense to freak out.
4. From another presenter, John Haydon, a regular
here on Friday: The most important question you could ask a new donor
What made you donate to our organization?
5. What we all want to know: 5 Tips to Make Donating Easy from Inspiring Generosity
A few weeks ago we asked our Facebook friends what obstacles they saw in online fundraising. One friend noted that some nonprofits make it hard for donors to donate on their website, with too many clicks in the middle.
There are simple solutions to this, so if you’re thinking about revamping your nonprofit’s website, take these tips into consideration…
- Around the Web Sep 23 for NPO”s (thenon-profittoolbox.com)
- Around the Web Sep 16 for NPO”s (thenon-profittoolbox.com)
- Non-profit people don”t miss Tech Day Camp (thenon-profittoolbox.com)