New Year’s Eve…Time for some reflection and looking forward…
1. Heard of Twitter? Of course you have, are you there yet? Here is a good reason to put twitter in your 2011 “toolbox” Twitter Proven to Impact Search Engine Rankings and why it helps, from Hubspot.
2. How to Make Quality the Signal above the Time and Money Noise from Liz Strauss some thoughtful ideas about strengthing your organization & its brand.
3. This is great, I was recently at a seminar about Financials for Nonprofits, and a question came up about how to find a good bookkeeper: Nonprofit Bookkeeping Test from Blue Avacado
If you’re not an accountant yourself, it can be hard to hire a qualified bookkeeper. How can you tell if an applicant really knows bookkeeping? CPA Dennis Walsh created this terrific assessment test you can give candidates for bookkeeping and accounting jobs. We especially like the chart at the end that shows what training is called for based on which questions were answered correctly or incorrectly:
This 21-question quiz samples from general bookkeeping knowledge as well as nonprofit bookkeeping and compliance matters. Use this assessment test as part of your hiring toolkit as well as for identifying staff training needs. Take it yourself and see how you do!
4. Free Webinars: Winter Schedule of Free Wednesday Webinars from NonprofitWebinars on Governance, Operations, Strategy and Planning, Communications, and Development.
5. What is your system for professional learning? What role does social media play in it? Beth Kanter has a thoughtful post on A Reflection on Networked Professional Learning.
Become a Fan of The Non-Profit Toolbox on Facebook