For all of you that celebrate Christmas, Merry Christmas. It is hard to not get caught up in the insanity that is the holiday season, we hope everyone has some time to enjoy it also.
Here are my Friday picks from around the web:
1. From Beth’s Blog, a list of 10 Nonprofit Books from 2010s to which you also have to add her book (w/Allison Fine): The Networked Nonprofit
2. From Holly at NTen: I’m on a Horse! Four Lessons From Social Media in 2010 I would fine it hard to narrow it down to 4, but these are a good 4.
3. From FrogLoop: It’s About Impact NOT Influence For the nonprofit community, impact translates into results on: donations, web traffic, advocacy, earned media and more.
4. From John Haydon: 10 steps to creating a killer ‘call to action’ on your website
One of the most important elements on your nonprofit’s website is your ‘call to action’.
You might have a great design, compelling content, and lots of visitors to your site. But what’s it worth if no one does anything on the page?
5. Lastly, take a minute and do some good:
- From Socialbrite: Support the campaign for girls’ education in Asia The Asia Foundation, a San Francisco-based nonprofit, has created a cutting-edge Facebook video campaign, and when you “like” the video and their facebook page $1 will be donated (up to $15000). Hurry, you need to do this by 12/31!
- Send a card to our troops http://bit.ly/YWXK6 it only takes a minute ~ pass this along!