Facebook is a great way to increase your presence on the web and connect with donors, volunteers and promote events. Hubspot posted this article on the 9 worst ways to use Facebook, we are putting these into a positive light.
- Change your Facebook strategy from your twitter strategy – Facebook is a different platform from twitter. Change your message from your tweets so everyone is getting different slants on your message.
- Mix up the content type on your Facebook page to make your wall look fun and interesting – Add pictures and video to make your wall look interesting.
- Allow Fans to Share Content – Let them post to your page and share their ideas, pictures and video. The more you let them be involved the more engaged and loyal they will be.
- Comment on Your Fans’ Content – This shows you care and are listening.
- Share Your Fans’ Content – Using great user generated content makes your life easier. Click the share button and say check out this great photo, video, comment or what ever is interesting to you.
- Use Facebook Questions to Find More Fans – Just like linkedin questions, this is a great place to demonstrate your expertise and gain loyal fans.
- Resize your thumbnail images to facebook’s parameters and re-upload them – Facebook automatically resizes images so your logos and graphics can get cut off.
- Share Your Facebook Page on Your Website – This is a great way for everyone to find your facebook page.
- Develop a Facebook Personality – People connect with people – not institutions.
Join us for our next Networking for Non-Profit Event at Derby Street Shoppes December 14th!