Facebook is used by more nonprofits than any other commercial social network according to NTEN’s recent survey. 86% of nonprofits indicating that they have a presence on this network. This finding is a 16% increase from 2009, when 74% of respondents had a Facebook presence. Another study earlier this year from eMarketer showed that boomers and seniors were still flocking to Facebook,
So if you aren’t there yet, maybe you should be.
Why Are Facebook Fan Pages Important?
* Facebook has 400 Million Global Users (and growing)
* Facebook has 100 Million U.S. Users: Facebook is strong around the world (Canada has the highest penetration rate), but nearly 1/3 of all Facebook users are in the U.S.
* The average Facebook User Spends 55 Minutes Per Day
* Real-time Search Is Important Today: Facebook is now making most content available publicly (unless you adjust your privacy settings). This has tremendous implications for search engine optimization and reputation management. You need to be on top of real-time search – today.
Read more: Search Engine Journal has a great starter for Fan Pages: Facebook: What, Why, Who, How?
John Haydon has been writing about the how’s and why’s recently on his blog.
- 3 Ways Facebook will change your Non-Profit
- Absolutely the best way to set up a Facebook Page (and add admins)
- 11 ways to promote your Facebook Page outside Facebook
- 13 Little Known Facebook Page Features That Will Make Your Day (video)
So what’s keeping you from getting started?