Written by: Lisa Morrissey, Director of Marketing and Communications & Secretary of The Toolbox, Inc. and Speaker at the October 22 Non-profit Toolbox event.
Developing and executing a successful fundraising campaign takes extensive planning, thorough follow-through and often times a little creativity. But the one piece of the success planning puzzle that is easy to overlook is a strategic PR and marketing plan.
When putting together the PR and marketing plan for your next fundraising campaign, please consider the following:
1) What are the various mediums that you will be using to communicate your campaign?
- Can one find out about your campaign by visiting your website?
- Is there a separate landing page for your campaign?
- Do you have a blog? Can you guest post on other’s blogs?
- Once on your website, can one give right on the spot? Securely?
- Can you afford to send something out via the mail?
2) Will you be taking advantage of social media?
- Does your organization have a FaceBook page?
- Are you Tweeting?
- Does your organization have a channel on YouTube?
3) Do you plan to submit pre-event information to your local newspapers, radio and television channels?
- One month prior to kick-off?
- Two weeks prior to kick-off?
- Do you have quotes about your organization and the event that you can include?
Your organization is sure to reap the benefits of your strategic planning and execution!
OCTOBER 22 SEMINAR
Thursday 10.22.09 /8:00AM-12:30PM
The Non-Profit Toolbox’ Seminar
has all of the tools you need!
Holiday Inn / 929 Hingham St / Rockland, MA 02370
$129 Registration [Early Bird $99] → LEARN MORE