320″ height=”240″ />The weather this winter has been mild, and we have been enjoying the “non-snow” and cold. For events it has been great – but of course you can’t plan on it, all winter we still keep our fingers crosses as events approach – hoping that the day we picked will be a mild day.
1. Beth Kanter writes about the social media impact and response: Komen Kan Kiss My Mammagram, PinActivism, and Newsjacking for a Cause
As Kivi says, “This is what happens when a leading nonprofit jumps into a highly controversial area of public debate without a communications strategy, stays silent, and therefore lets others take over the public dialogue, perhaps permanently redefining the organization and its brand. Watch cialis online and learn, so you don’t make the same mistake on whatever hot button issues your organization might be wading into.”
- The Five Stages of A Social Media PR Disaster (Beth’s Blog)
- What does monitoring your brand on social media channels really mean? (Beth’s Blot)
- Patriots, Komen Fumbles Offer Lessons for NPOs (Inspiring Generosity)
2. Great list: Social Media for Social Good :: Your Nonprofit Tech Checklist from her book: Social Media for Social Good: A How-To Guide for Nonprofits
That was my number one priority when writing the book… to create a comprehensive, useful social and mobile media how-to guide for nonprofits.
3. How to manage your Facebook Page content with PostPlanner (video) from John Haydon:
PostPlanner is a Facebook Page content management tool that allows you
to schedule posts to a various different Pages that you manage. It optimizes content specifically for Facebook in a few ways:
4. Seven Tips to Write the Best Email Appeals from Frogloop: Samuel Mesquita, an expert email copy writer who spent years at ActionAid in the UK. You can read his full article here: “17 Things I Have Learnt About Charity Email Copy“
Email is a numbers game. With competition for attention becoming more of a challenge every day, paying attention to the details and best practices matters more and more.
- Around the Web Jan 21 for NPO’s (thenon-profittoolbox.com)