ploads/2009/07/TDC-3thoughtbanner-300×57.jpg” alt=”” width=”300″ height=”57″ />Things are moving forward with Tech Day Camp…Early Booking rates end today… $99 then rates go up.
We are very excited about our workshops especially for non-profit organizations with Marc Pitman and John Haydon.
Around the web this week:
1. Facebook has made a few changes this week, and our friend John Haydon has some great post on what you need to know and do:
- Facebook launches completely new process for creating Pages (video)
- How to activate Facebook’s new Subscribe Button (and what it means)
2. Cross-promoting your content: working smarter instead of harder from Grow my Company, Christine Pilch, another one of our speakers at Tech Day Camp.
If you”ve done the work and created a great piece, why not post it everywhere you can and repackage it for cross-promotion? If you”ve retained the copyright on your work, there is nothing stopping you from having the piece republished within another venue, chopping it up for multiple blog posts, and producing a video about the topic. But don”t stop there….
3. Check these out: Fall Season of (free) Webinars for Nonprofits from nonprofitwebinars September 28 3:00 pm EDT/noon PDT Success with Nonprofit Auctions From someone that supports the NPToolbox: Tom Weitbrecht, SA Bids!
The fall 2011 season of (free) nonprofit professional development webinars launches today and features a great list of topics and expert presenters. Webinars every Wednesday at 1:00 Eastern/10:00 Pacific and at 3:00 Eastern/noon Pacific.
4. How to make cause marketing video that doesn’t suck from Socialbrite Guest post by Steve Stockman
The good news: stories about people, struggle, challenges and passion are entertaining — as long as you know how not to push your audience away with a lame video.
Turns out that with a little bit of awareness, planning and practice, you too can make video that doesn’t suck. Here are 10 things you need to know…
5. Fourteen Ways to Improve Your Open Rate from NTen, it”s about email marketing, good tips and things to think about.
- Around the Web Sep 16 for NPO”s (thenon-profittoolbox.com)
- Around the Web Sep 2 for NPO”s (thenon-profittoolbox.com)
- Tech Day Camp Updates – Speakers (thenon-profittoolbox.com)