” src=”http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4121/4958299845_0b7a2e989b_m.jpg” alt=”the dog days of summer….” width=”240″ height=”160″ />
Summer is half over, wow, time does fly! Are these the dog-days of summer, are we lounging around waiting…wondering what”s next? What are you doing to get your NPO ready for fall?
1. 17 Ways to Ask For Donor Support on Inspiring Generosity by SocialButterfly – you just have to click through to see these great ideas
To raise money and support for a good cause, you have to ask. In a recent study, Blackbaud looked at the motivation
of why people give. 50% of people surveyed said they give because “a friend asked me.” It’s easier said than done, but here are 21 ways to ask someone to donate to your cause…
2. from NTen, and Casey Golden. Offers some ideas and examples of engaging people.
Games “…may prove to be a key resource for solving some of our most pressing real-world problems,” according to game designer . “When we play, we… have a sense of urgent optimism. We believe whole-heartedly that we are up to any challenge, and we become remarkably resilient in the face of failure.” Gamers are exactly the kinds of people you want helping your organization succeed.
Related article: Gamification: A Primer for Nonprofits
3. How to Adapt When Everything Around You is Changing- A Nonprofit Organization Survival Guide from Network for Good, Brian Reich: phones, ipads, Facebook, real life, changes everything, information travels faster, thoughtful post…
The old ways of thinking and old ways of operating aren”t getting the results we want because everything is changing.
4. Socialbrite: How to find amazing, powerful stories for your nonprofit video by Lindsay Oberst
If your nonprofit wants to make use of stories, how can you take a step back and find the right stories that support the causes that matter to you? Here are three steps you can take to discover amazing, powerful stories to levitra female use in your own videos…
5. Three Ways Social Media Has Negatively Affected the Nonprofit Sector (and What We Can Do About It) by Nonprofit Tech 2.0: Tips on how NPOs can help change the bad news, negative commenting and rants, and SM burnout.
- Around the Web July 29 for NPO”s (thenon-profittoolbox.com)
- Around the Web Jul 22 for NPO”s (thenon-profittoolbox.com)