Seems like we have been a little lax on posting this week. No we have not been on vacation (wish), but working hard on some projects. Having a good week, remembering our vets, enjoying the short work week. So
now off to some great things I found “around the web”!
1. As always: from Beth”s Blog: What the Research Says About Increasing Facebook Engagement: Tips on when to post, what to post, titling, etc. and some links to research behind the suggestions.
2.More about Facebook from John Haydon, more on Facebook: How to get the most from Facebook “like” buttons on our nonprofit website
Unless you’ve been living under a rock without a Facebook profile, you’re aware that more and more websites are getting more traffic with Facebook’s “like” button.
3. Even more Facebook from Socialbrite, Debra Askanase:
Facebook groups serve a different purpose than Facebook pages; groups are great for encouraging niche topic discussions and action, while pages are generally more focused on general agency communication and general community engagement.
4. 10 top collaboration tools for your organization from Socialbrite: JD Lasica: overview of Huddle, Tungle.me, Picnik, DeskAway, Pidgin, Mindmeister, Dropbox (my favorite), MediaFunnel, WiserEarth, Hootsuite.
5. From NTen: another list: Eleven Community Management Tips for Nonprofit
As Facebook reaches 600 million users in January 2011, social media continues to attract attention from nonprofits internationally. Whether you decide to in-source or outsource community management, you should discuss the following items with your community manager to make sure your nonprofit is making the most out of your marketing and digital advertising.
Have a great weekend!!
Become a Fan of The Non-Profit Toolbox “like” us on Facebook
- Around the Web May 26 for NPO”s (thenon-profittoolbox.com)
- Around the Web May 13th for NPO”s (thenon-profittoolbox.com)
- Around the Web May 6 for NPO”s (thenon-profittoolbox.com)