1. Thank you to Jessica from Respond, Inc. for highlighting this: Biggest believers in the value of championing causes? Women. from Katya”s Non-Profit Marketing Blog. Interesting information:
Eight in ten American women strongly believe in the power of individuals to make a difference by supporting causes, while their male counterparts are more likely to view supporting causes as a fad
2. Thank you Beth Kanter for finding these good tips: 44 Ways to Turn Your Supporters into Fundraising Superstars Posted by Mike Snusz on Netwits ThinkTank.
So, how can you help supporters become fundraising superstars? Below are 44 tips I’ve learned, organized by topic and ordered from easiest to hardest to implement
TEACH THEM TO FUNDRAISE AND PROVIDE SAMPLES
3. Hope Institute shows how nonprofits can get strategic from Socialbrite, a great success using planned integrated messaging through website and social media tools.
Email and social media are not an either or proposition. They have to work together.— Jarid A. Brown
4. From Beth”s Blog: Privacy and Security on Social Networks
It is a serious issue for professionals here in the US, especially if they work in education or youth service nonprofits. In many places in the world, sharing everything online can be a life and death matter particularly for activists working in certain countries.
Social networking sites like Facebook make it easy for sensitive information about us to be made public unintentionally. Therefore, it is important to understand how to best protect one’s own privacy as well as others. Tactical Technology’s Security in A Box suggests asking a couple of good reflective questions about your account on any online social networking platform where you set up a presence.
5. Want to earn some $$ for your NPO? Product Spotlight Demo: Turn Supporters’ Time into Money through Polling and Surveys
At Research for Good, we partner with nonprofits just
like yours to turn your supporters” time into revenue for your organization. Market researchers constantly need people to fill out online surveys and polls. We connect your supporters with those researches and then donate to your cause every time a supporter completes a survey.