1. Thinking about a blog for your NPO? Here is some thoughts & advise from one of the best (John Haydon): The Killer Blog Strategy Mind-Map For Simple Minded Bloggers.
2, 5 Facebook Applications to Add Useful Tabs to Your Facebook Fan Page For those of you using Facebook, just replace “business” with NPO…
Your Facebook Fan page is more than your business brochure. It is even more than the tool to build the community around your business. Actually it can both and even more.
With the variety of free applications you can turn it into the huge source of information around your brand: it can be as comprehensive as your own website giving your “fans” plenty of options to meet, get in touch with you and each other and find more information about your business.
3. Nine Essential Tools for Business Sustainability (again just replace with NPO) from Susan Hammond
It’s a new year, a new decade. Let’s start it off right. Now is the time to adopt best practices.
If you’re a business owner or the executive director of a nonprofit consider some or all of these nine essential tools to improve the operations of the organization
BroadbandTV Corp. recently launched a YouTube destination to get your social good on. The site, named VISO Give, aggregates pre-existing video content from non-profits, sorts it by company name and type of cause, and lets you watch or search for your favorites.
5. List of Tools, Resources and Nonprofit Service Providers Covered in the Book: from Non-Profit Tech 2.0
My upcoming book about social media and mobile technology will feature more than 100 tools, resources, and nonprofit service providers. A good number of them were recommended by nonprofits during the research process. Others are the favorites I’ve used over the last 15 years in my nonprofit career.
- Developing a Financially Intelligent Organization (thenon-profittoolbox.com)
- How to Rock Your Facebook Fan Page with John Haydon [@InboundNow #3] (hubspot.com)