Susan C. Hammond of scHammond Advisors is searching for one nonprofit organization that wants to establish an advisory board or council and needs help. In exchange for her services the nonprofit organization must be willing to allow Susan to document the formation process in the form of a written and publishable case study. The nonprofit will use Susan’s book the Advisory Board Kit: A Comprehensive Guide to Establishing an Advisory Board.
Interested nonprofit organizations who meet the criteria below should contact Susan directly. The information requested should be delivered in one package.
The organization must:
- Submit an essay of no more than 1000 words on how the organization will use and benefit from an advisory board.
- Be in operation for at least two years.
- Employ (i.e. pay) a minimum staff of 3 people, full or part-time.
- Provide a copy of their 501c3 letter from the IRS.
- Commitment from the Executive Director/CEO and the chair of the board of directors that they will be involved in the project.
- Evidence that the Board of Directors approved the project (i.e. copy of Board meeting minutes where vote was taken or a letter from the Board Chair).
- Be located on the South Shore of Massachusetts or upper Cape.
Prior to the start of the project the following information must be provided:
A list of staff & board members.
- Copies of Form 990 for last two years.
- Copies of the operating budget for the current and prior year.
- Copies of internal comparative financial statements for the current & prior years.
- A copy of the fundraising plan or a summary of activities for the last 12 months.
- Copies of Board Meeting minutes and Executive Meeting minutes (if any) for last two years.
- Copies of the organization’s Annual Reports (filed with the Massachusetts Secretary of State) for the last two (2) years.
- Copy of the organization’s Certificate of Solicitation filed with the Public Charities Division.
All information received will be held in strict confidence. Susan will provide a detailed work plan that includes a confidentiality clause and a copy of the Advisory Board Kit and related materials.
Applications Deadline: October 1, 2010
Project Start: On or around October 15, 2010, approximately
Project Duration: 4-6 months
This is worth $5,000 in donated fees! Contact Susan at 781-837-1999 or susan(at)schammond.com.
The Advisory Board Kit is a product of scHammond Advisors.
Join us for our next Networking for Non-Profit Event September 30th!