SSWBN Educational Foundation Scholarship applications available!
Are you a “mature” woman 35 years or older, living on the South Shore of Massachusetts, and wanting to or in a career transition? Do you know someone that is?
The SSWBN Educational Foundation is now accepting scholarship applications to be awarded this spring for women currently enrolled in or beginning an educational program.
Last June the Foundation gave out 6 scholarships of $1000 each.
Who is the SSWBN Educational Foundation?
A board of six women dedicated to raising funds for the education of transitioning women, and educational grants for members of the SSWBN.
“Helping women achieve professional growth is at the core of the South Shore Women’s Business Network Educational Foundation,” said President Elizabeth Pineault, who noted that the foundation awarded five scholarships last year and hopes to award even more this year. “By providing support to mature women who are undergoing a career transition, we hope to help them accomplish their goals and achieve their dreams.”
Through the years they have helped:
- A single mother and domestic abuse survivor become enrolled in an Administrative Information System Program at a local college.
- An immigrant who came to this country with the sole purpose of providing a better life and a better education for her children, is now going for her BA at Curry College.
- A 38 year-old mother who, had supported herself and daughter as a playground aid, cafeteria worker, and teaching assistant, was able to get her degree in Special Education and is currently teaching full time.
- and many, many more…
While you are there, don’t forget to
- DONATE NOW…any amount is welcome and
- sign-up for their newsletters!!
Want to learn more about running a Non-Profit Organization?
Join us at our next non-profit mini-conference.