The Non-Profit Toolbox is pleased that we have partnered with the SSWBN Educational Foundation for the October 22 ½ day event in Rockland, MA.
The Educational Foundation, Inc. was founded over 10 years ago and has been dedicated to making a difference in the lives of women, enabling them to transition to a more rewarding career, by providing scholarships for education for women age 35 and older in Plymouth, Bristol, Norfolk, Suffolk, and Middlesex Counties in Massachusetts. The Foundation also offers grants to SSWBN members for continuing education.
As the Toolbox grows into different geographical areas, we will partner with other non-profit groups that will help us get the word of our work out to their members.
We will be reaching out to non-profit organizations in other areas, and I thought that I would share with you what some of our criterion is:
- Regional focused
- Directly benefits local people
- Willing to mail/email promotional material to their database in a timely manner
- Active Board of Directors
- A non-political cause
- Willing to supply 3-4 Volunteers the day of the event for registration
Benefits of association with the Non-Profit Toolbox:
- Exposure to other groups/people – a table and flyer to every attendee,
- Emails, logo and information about the group on the Non-profit Toolbox site
- Promotional Flyers of the event with the partnership mentioned
- Volunteers will be able to attend some of the workshops/seminars for free
- Portion of proceeds to the organization
In the effort of full disclosure, I want people to know that I have been on the Board of Directors for this non-profit ever since I heard about it at the SSWBN Celebration five years ago, and that Elizabeth Pineault, is also the President of this worthy organization.
When The Non-profit Toolbox chose the Educational Foundation, we were definitely concerned that it would seem “self-serving.” It is without a doubt difficult to “wear two hats at once” and we are cautious not to ever blur the lines. But it is our belief was that it was really a great fit, given the above criterion. There are other groups we considered, but in the end, the fact that the Educational Foundation could benefit from the exposure, plus the trust that they could deliver the personnel support we needed, out-weighed our concerns (with each hat on).
These events will only successful if everyone helps to get the word out about. We need the Educational Foundation’s support, as well as the whole SSWBN for this event to succeed.
OCTOBER 22 SEMINAR
The Non-Profit Toolbox’ Seminar
has all of the tools you need!
Holiday Inn / 929 Hingham St / Rockland, MA 02370
$129 Registration [Early Bird $99] → LEARN MORE